How To Start a Successful YouTube Channel
Follow the below hack stack and use it as a reference guide to start a successful YouTube channel. Be sure to answer each question and follow each step:
LAUNCHING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL STEP
1. Who Is Your Target Audience?
– Geographical location
– Social status (single, married, in a relationship)
– Their preferences
2. Who Are Your Competitors?
– Do a research for similar keywords.
– Find what distinguishes your channel and what drive your audience to subscribe to your channel.
3. Do You Have a Content Plan?
– Provide your audience something they are looking for.
– Specify a day and time to upload your new videos.
4. What Equipment and video editing software you’ll need?
– Most smartphones will do the job.
– A good quality HD video recorder.
– Use good editing software.
5. Do You Have the Time to Create Your Videos?
– Allocate time each week to film and edit your videos.
– Outsource the video creation process if you don’t have time.
NICHING DOWN STEP
6.What You Are You Good At?
– Focus on your strengths.
– People use YouTube to learn or to be entertained. Do you want to inform or entertain?
7. Select a YouTube Category For Your Content?
There are 15 categories to choose from:
Film & Animation
Autos & Vehicles
Pets & Animals
Travel & Events
People & Blogs
News & Politics
Howto & Style
Science & Technology
Nonprofits & Activism
8. Research Interesting Topics.
– Find what problems or questions that people are looking for answers in your niche.
YOUTUBE CHANNEL OPTIMIZATION STEP
9. Choose a short and catchy channel name that stands out if you want to have a successful YouTube channel.
10. Use an attractive channel icon for your brand and make sure it is a clear image.
11. Create A Channel Trailer.
– You have few seconds to hook your visitors when they land on your channel so, try to showcase what your channel is about and give them a reason to subscribe.
12. Share you other social media platforms links to help you build your network.
13. Use A Professional Channel Art.
– The banner appears at the top of your channel. It should include your logo and avoid using YouTube’s default background.
14. Complete The About Section.
– Include a detail description of your channel and how can you help you audience.
– Include social media links.
YOUTUBE CONTENT STRATEGY STEP
15. Consistency Is Important.
– You must satisfy your target audience.
– Switching topics and focus will confuse your target audience.
16. Create Different Types of Videos.
– Presentations: creates a compelling and shareable narrative.
– Company culture videos: behind the scenes look at your company.
– Interviews: you can interview thought leaders in your industry.
– Product reviews: cover the proceedings of a corporate.
– Tutorials: help you expand your reach.
– Webinars: are high-value and low-cost endeavors.
– Vlogs: won’t cost a ton of money and personality driven.
BUILDING YOUTUBE AUDIENCE STEP
17. Comment on Similar Videos.
– Provide valuable or insightful feedback on relevant channels and avoid spamming others with self-promoting comments.
18. Use Other Social Media Platforms.
– Reach a broader audience to market your videos.
19. Participate in Relevant Forums.
– Leave valuable comments in discussions and don’t spam with self-promotion tactics
20. Collaborate With Others.
– You can gain additional exposure and reach a broader audience.
– Work with someone in your niche.
INCREASE YOUTUBE ENGAGEMENT RATE STEP
21. Create Eye Catching Thumbnails.
– This will help to increase your click though rates and engagement.
22. Use YouTube Annotations to Drive User Actions.
– By including call-to-actions you can gain subscribers, grow your viewership, interact with audience and drive traffic to website.
23. Use YouTube SEO Principles and Marketing Strategies.
– Use keywords in titles and descriptions.
– Promote through email marketing.
– Embed videos in your blog posts.
– Promote on social media.
YOUTUBE MONETIZATION AND ALTERNATIVES STEP
24. Join The YouTube Partner Program.
– Display ads on your videos.
– Feature affiliate products. You can add your affiliate links in the video description.
– Sell your own products or services.
– Drive traffic to your website.
The most important thing you’ll need for having a successful YouTube channel is patience and dedication.
Click the PLAY button below to watch a video version of the article: